Skip to main content

Hi i merried with a cuban resident he have a DUI i have problem with this when he make a petition in emigration for me

West Palm Beach, FL |

he have a DUI but he went to the court and renuve this charge

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to talk with an immigration lawyer in your area to seek advice and direction. Your husband needs to hire a criminal defense lawyer in your area to represent him on the criminal charge.Get legal advice now.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. If he is already a resident, a DUI conviction will not affect his petition for you; however, he should be careful not to leave the country as that may have negative consequences. Consult an immigration attorney for your petition.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics