Skip to main content

Hi I'm jay..I was in an accident and no death or injuries occured..can I still b tested a month after for drug and alcohol test?

Decatur, GA |

It wasn't drug or alcohol related..but my friend gave me a anxiety relief and turns up to b marijuana..any help will be useful..thanks

Attorney Answers 6

  1. I doubt it. I don't think there's much to worry about.

  2. To charge you with dui, the state would need evidence that you were impaired at the time of the accident. A test a month later would not provide that evidence.

  3. I don't see how a test taken so long after the incident would be probative or admissible to show that you were intoxicated when the incident occurred. Even if THC metabolites remain in your blood for thirty days (I don't know if they do) it doesn't show actual impairment at the time. Talk to a DUI or criminal atty. to make sure before you take any tests.

    Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.

  4. Sit tight my friend. Do not speak to or talk to anybody. Don't sign anything. Don't submit to any type of interrogation. Contact an attorney-me or someone else--to get advice. I am available @ my office @ (404) 303-8875.

    Sam Levine, Esq.

  5. A test a month later wouldn't happen, but you could be charged a month or more later, so don't make any statements and retain a local criminal lawyer.

  6. Yes. Your reasonable expectation of privacy only extends to government action, not private action. And, depending on the school, you may have your fourth amendment rights limited either by federal law relating to public schools or by contract in private schools.

    Answering questions does not create an attorney/client relationship. I only am your attorney if I have entered into a written contract, signed by me, wherein I expressly assent to be your attorney. Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice to be acted upon, it is merely a legal opinion.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics