Hi I'm a wife and mother for American citizens resident in Egypt .I filed my immigrant petition in USA

Asked over 1 year ago - Seal Beach, CA

.I filed my immigrant petition in USA my attorney said that at a point we gonna need to file taxes paper in US..
we don't know how to do so while we are working in Egypt ..Is it possible to use our Egyptian taxes papers here as well as our bank statement in Egyptian accounts ???

1. Win Chester Eaton

Pro

3

Answered . Once approved, the I-130 family petitions are sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. At that point you will receive two fee bills. One for $230 and one for $88. They will request that you will file a form I-864 "Affidavit of Support." The amount of income necessary to support your relatives is posted on the form I-864P. The forms can be printed online through the USCIS web page under the FORMS tab at the top of the page. Generally, if you are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. all your world wide income is subject to U.S. income taxes. There may be a treaty in place for certain countries that exempts or excludes tax liability under certain circumstances. Consult with a tax lawyer and your immigration attorney.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

4

Answered . Speak with an accountant/tax attorney.

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

3

Answered . There is probably a tax treaty between the US and Egypt where you can deduct taxes paid to the Egyptian government from your U.S. tax bill. Most people end up paying some taxes while others have no taxes due after the deduction. You should be able to show your Egyptian returns to a US accountant to do this remotely.

4. Kara Lien Roberts

2

Answered . Edited the tags to reflect tax issue in addition to immigration.