Hi I have plans to go to Canada in June and have scheduled court date a week before for a failure to appear on a traffic ticket.

Asked over 4 years ago - Van Nuys, CA

Hi I have plans to go to Canada in June and have scheduled court date a week before for a failure to appear on a traffic ticket. I'd like to know if this pending court date could affect me obtaining my passport, which is currently being processed, and/or give me problems while traveling. Much thanks!

Lol, and just for the record I will be at said court date. My FTA on the traffic ticket was due to emergency surgery. My notice also states I can just pay the bail amount, is this still an option (better option?) although I scheduled a court date? Basically I wanna take care of this ASAP so I have no probs traveling.

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . The fact that you scheduled a date should be enough. I assume this is your arraignment. With an attorney you could get it advanced to an earlier date. If this is your trial date you are still safe.

Andrew Roberts