Hi I have expired H1b that I never used to travel to USA.Now I am on H4 and employer wants to use h1b for this year.Can be done?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodland Hills, CA

I had h1b valid from 2008=2011.I never used that H1b to travel to USA.Now I got a new employer who is ready to make use of that H1b and file h1b for this using same petition.
Can it be done?Do I fall in quota category?

Thanks for the update.But first of all would like to know If I can use my old H1b that never used to travel to USA.Can new employer use my old h1b from previous employer

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . Unused H-1B numbers go back to the pool. It will be best to apply in April.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . No, you are not CAP eligible.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Yes, under the new cap.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.