Hi i have a question, so i was rear ended by pgne, do i have a great case, the appraisal for car was,4,200. but i need treatment

Asked 11 months ago - Sacramento, CA

i went to doctor next day, and he prescribed me medicine, seen my doctor around every week and last time went he said i have sciatica, so i got norcos and i need to get mri done, and see physical thereapy. i need my bills to be payed but they are too expensive for me, so iam thinking to get lawyer to get lien. does anybody know if pgne would give me great settlement for pain and suffering, they said that they will pay for all my medical bills no problem, but will lawyer help me alot?

the pgne was driving ford F150 i was driving 2003 toyota prius

1. Alan Ray Barnes

16

Answered . There's no way to know what kind of settlement you'll be able to get without fully evaluating your claims. And the best person to help you evaluate those claims is a competent personal injury lawyer. As a rule, insurance companies pay significantly more on claims where the injured party is represented by counsel.

Most lawyers offer a free initial consultation. I strongly recommend that you talk to an attorney about your claims.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

15

Answered . Hit by a PG & E truck? Whether you have a great case depends on your personal injuries, the length of treatment, the severity of your injuries, your pain and suffering, your diminished quality of life, your mental distress, your loss of consortium etc., etc. etc. No personal injury attorney could give you a flat statement without meeting with you and analyzing your case. Better get a PI lawyer if your personal property and medicals are mounting up. One final remark to you and all posters.. Do not talk to the other party insurance adjuster. No excuses. Best of luck.

3. David Lee Fiol

13

Answered . No one is going to be able to give you a solid response to your question without more specific information about the severity of the impact and the nature of your injuries, including the MRI results, but generally speaking you are going to do better with a lawyer. I am not sure what you mean by "alot" better, but odds are you will do better. I would suggest you speak to some local personal injury attorneys to see what they think.

4. Papool Subhash Chaudhari

12

Answered . So you were rear-ended by a PGNE truck? I would think, yes, you should get an attorney to help get your medical bills, pain and suffering, car repair, etc. Individuals without attorneys tend to get low balled, an attorney can also negotiate down your medical bills (meaning more money in your pocket), and since PGNE was involved, that means they should have a good commercial insurance policy. Not saying you'll get some ridiculous amount, but an attorney is worth it, and on a contingency fee basis, there's no up front cost to you. Good luck!

5. Mariam Mary Margaryan

12

Answered . Yes, you would benefit from having an attorney represent you. Whether or not you have a great case depends on the facts. Consult with a personal injury lawyer for further advice. You can use the Avvo “Find a Lawyer” tool bar above to search for personal injury lawyers in your area. Most offer a free consultation.

6. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

10

1

Answered . Contact a local PI lawyer. They'll hopefully get the bill collectors off your back and get you into treatment on a lien basis. Worry about the settlement after your treatment is finalized and you've improved as much as you can. This isn't a simple area of the law so hire a lawyer--you'll def. do better if you do.

All the best.

7. Glenn Stephen Guenard

Pro

10

Answered . You should definitely speak with a competent personal injury lawyer for a free consultation to weigh your options. It is usually not a good idea to represent yourself from what you have stated. A lawyer would be able to assist you in obtaining medical treatment on a lien and also advise you on a fair amount to resolve your case when ready, taking into consideration your medical bills, pain & suffering and any other damages you may have.

Pro

8

Answered . Yes, a personal injury lawyer will help you a lot!

9. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

3

Answered . Most of us personal injury type lawyers get calls from potential clients all day long, and, after a quick talk, we immediately pass on representing most of them... one of the potential clients most of us want is the person who was rear-ended by a city bus and suffers actual, quantifiable injuries and damages... now, of course, we do not wish that on anyone, but should it happen... and it does... we do wish that client would call us. Why? Because we can make money is the obvious answer one will shout out, but that's just part of it... seriously, there are easier ways for a lawyer to make money than doing contingent personal injury cases... most of us really like helping someone who gets hurt to get fully compensated... and getting fully compensated is not something that a big company's insurer wants to do... and those companies know all the tricks... they make money by collecting premiums and not paying on policies. Personal injury lawyers like to win money for their clients, and the good ones get to do what they like.

Oh, yeah... with regard to this post... anyone who is injured in a motor vehicle collision should hire a lawyer.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician

10. Nareg Sarkis Kitsinian

3

Answered . You will benefit from obtaining counsel who can best advise you on the value of your case and provide you with options to receiving medical care.

11. Jason Allen Ewing

Pro

Answered . Many good responses here. I am certain any one of the local attorneys responding here would be able to assist you. Find a lawyer in your area that offers free consultations. Good luck to you.