Skip to main content

Hi i got question about wor injury

Holland, MA |

in friday hapenned accident in my work the machine cut 1 CM of my finger....what i need to do if i wanna get amends....i think thats my right....i work for agency

Attorney Answers 3


The first thing you need to do is speak with a lawyer who has experience with product liability lawsuits. As an employee of an agency, you may have a claim against the company where you were working, or against the manufacturer of the machine on which you were injured. Before any lawyer could advise you whether you have a viable claim or not, the lawyer would need to thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding the injury. I have 24 years experience handling this type of claim and would be happy to speak with you. Attorney Marc Breakstone, 617-723-7676.

Mark as helpful


Workers compensation benefits are controlled by statute in each state. Workers compensation attorneys are a very special breed and they specialize in this area with knowledge of the state statutes and regulations that dictate what benefits are available to workers who are injured during and in the course of employment. There are many rules that workers compensation attorneys know and apply on a regular basis.

Having been injured in the course of employment, you should retain a workers compensation attorney. Workers compensation attorneys do not charge for an initial consultation and most fees are paid directly by the insurance company. An attorney representing you has a duty to pursue all benefits due to you. Insurance company claims adjusters are not going to notify you as to all of the benefits to which you are entitled. Their interest is to close the file as early and efficiently – to them – as possible.

Presenting and recovering from a workers compensation claim requires more documentation than probably any other type of personal injury claim. The requirement to submit documentation is ongoing until the claim is over.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Mark as helpful


Make sure that your employer is informed. Make sure you see a doctor and get a thorough evaluation. And contact a workers compensation attorney.

Does this answer your question?

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics