Skip to main content

Hi I am wondering about legality of continued treatment for psychiatric care.

Marina, CA |

I am bipolar, have anxiety and panic attacks.
I have been waiting since October to see a psychiatrist. They cancelled this moths appointment and rescheduled it for JUNE. I do not think that a person with my conditions can possibly or legally have to wait soooo long.
I have asked the clinic to address this issue and they say there is nothing they can do.
I am almost out of medication, they say they don't know if they can refill it (most likely because I have not been seen)
Right now I am showing the beginning signs of mania which should not be ignored and should be reason enough to see me NOW.

They are putting my mental health in Jeopardy, and should I go into a situation that is crisis, also putting my family

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need to consult another doctor who can see you sooner as waiting nine months doesn't seem proper given your condition. Best of luck.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  2. Sorry to hear of your difficulties in getting treated. I agree with the previous poster that you need to seek out a second opinion. Clearly if you feel like you are going to hurt yourself or others, you would want to call 911. I would recommend seeing someone else via a second opinion prior to having your medication run out.

    Best of luck.

  3. You may go to Avvo Health, and find a new doctor.

  4. I am sorry to hear about your condition. As you know, bipolar disorder can have serious effects not just on you but your loved ones. I strongly urge you to seek another doctor. Avvo Health may have a wonderful list for you to draw upon when deciding.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics