Hi I am wondering about legality of continued treatment for psychiatric care.

Marina, CA |

I am bipolar, have anxiety and panic attacks.
I have been waiting since October to see a psychiatrist. They cancelled this moths appointment and rescheduled it for JUNE. I do not think that a person with my conditions can possibly or legally have to wait soooo long.
I have asked the clinic to address this issue and they say there is nothing they can do.
I am almost out of medication, they say they don't know if they can refill it (most likely because I have not been seen)
Right now I am showing the beginning signs of mania which should not be ignored and should be reason enough to see me NOW.

They are putting my mental health in Jeopardy, and should I go into a situation that is crisis, also putting my family

1. You need to consult another doctor who can see you sooner as waiting nine months doesn't seem proper given your condition. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. Sorry to hear of your difficulties in getting treated. I agree with the previous poster that you need to seek out a second opinion. Clearly if you feel like you are going to hurt yourself or others, you would want to call 911. I would recommend seeing someone else via a second opinion prior to having your medication run out.

Best of luck.

3. I am sorry to hear about your condition. As you know, bipolar disorder can have serious effects not just on you but your loved ones. I strongly urge you to seek another doctor. Avvo Health may have a wonderful list for you to draw upon when deciding.

Medical malpractice topics