Hi I am on county probation for a DUI. My wife is on State Parole. We are married. Can we live together

Ephrata, PA |

She is getting released from prison September 29th. her state parole pfficer is saying we are not allowed to live together. Is this true

1. Did her parole officer give her a reason why? In any event she should talk to her attorney to address this.

2. It may well be correct. Parole is an alternative to incarceration - i.e., a lower level of supervision in which you are allowed to prove yourself. Your girlfriend is in this position. As a result, Parole Officer's have very wide discretion to direct a parolee's life. Her attorney should be looking into this for you, as my colleague attorney Meaney suggests.

3. Typically, there are conditions of parole/probation which may include no contact/association with a known convicted felon or criminal. Your situation would be somewhat different since you are married and not just cohabitating. I suggest that you follow the sound advice of my colleagues.