Hi i am GC holder i have filled i130 for my spouse(outside US), how long does it take to get a visa..??

Asked 11 months ago - Skokie, IL

I called USCIS they said they are currently working on they same PD as mine 15 nov 2011, and on visa bulletin is current, So how long does it take to get a visa...??

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

9

1

Answered . Practically impossible to predict with precision. usually 1-2 years from the time of the I-130 petition receipt until the petition's "priority date" becomes "current", plus immigrant visa processing time of 6-9 months on top of that.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

8

Answered . The visa bulletin and the processing by USCIS are two completely different things. The visa bulletin metely indicates what, if any, backlog exists for preference category petitions. USCIS must first approve the immigrant visa. Once the immigrant visa petition is approved, the file will be sent to the Bational Visa Center for processing of the visa. Assuming your wife's priority date remains current, the visa will be issued in 3 to 6 months. If her priority date is not current, she will first need her priority date to become current.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

8

Answered . There is a huge difference between available visas and processing times. It is best to consult an attorney.

4. J Charles Ferrari

6

1

Answered . Unknown. It depends on the stage of the process that has been reached and what the priority dates do.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . No one could predict that.

6. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

2

Answered . There are many item to address here, especially when the I-130 has not been approved yet. There could be a request for evidence which takes time to address if they are asking for documents that are not readily available. Upon approval, you have to deal with the National Visa Center and another round of processing which takes time. Once your spouse is scheduled for an interview, there is a medical exam and who know what issues may arise at this stage. Lastly, even after the interview, the case could be placed on administrative processing which does not have a specific timeline. It could be that, along the way, a mistake on the part f the government happens. Even if the visa priority date for F2As is current now, there could be a visa retrogression in he future.