Skip to main content

Hi,I am currently enrolled in Master's program. My I-20 got expired a month ago that I did not notice.

Rolla, MO |

What are my options to get back to status or renew my I-20? I am only left with one month of my degree program

and my DSO says I have to file a reinstatement. Please tel me what are my options. Also what will be my options after reinstatement's decision. If approved can i go for OPT and work or not. Please help me

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Talk to your Designated School Official (DSO) about reinstatement.

    This answer is intended to provide general information and should not to be construed as legal advice pertaining to a particular situation or relied upon as such. You should have your specific situation reviewed by an attorney.

  2. You have to get reinstated within 5 months of the expiration. Once reinstated and if you completed at least one year of a program, you should be eligible for OPT. Talk to your DSO.

    An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics