Skip to main content

Hi I am Canadian citizen from Vancouver BC looking to get a Working US Visa for me to work in Seattle WA. What are the steps?

Seattle, WA |

I am working in the retail fashion industry as a manager and would like to be on the same field in Seattle. I have done some research and learned that you have to be either a professional worker or get a company from the US to sponsor you which is not applicable for me. Is there any other possible way for me to get a US Working Visa? Thank you.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    There are several options open to Canadians including TN visas. You can meet with an experienced immigration attorney who can examine your immediate and long goals for immigration into the US and can provide you with a legal opinion as to the viability of options based on your education, employment, financial, and immigration history. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

  2. This depends on your education experience and funds available. You may qualify for an e2 investor visa

  3. The E2 may be possible, its worth exploring. If you are currently employed with a Canadian company, you could open a U.S. office and qualify for an L1A. There are very specific requirements for each category, so you can review them on the USCIS website and then hire an attorney to help you.

    Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

  4. You could start your own company and get an investor's visa.

    Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics