Hi I am Canadian citizen from Vancouver BC looking to get a Working US Visa for me to work in Seattle WA. What are the steps?

Asked 6 months ago - Seattle, WA

I am working in the retail fashion industry as a manager and would like to be on the same field in Seattle. I have done some research and learned that you have to be either a professional worker or get a company from the US to sponsor you which is not applicable for me. Is there any other possible way for me to get a US Working Visa? Thank you.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . You could start your own company and get an investor's visa.

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

1

Answered . This depends on your education experience and funds available. You may qualify for an e2 investor visa

3. C. C. Abbott

2

Best Answer

Answered . There are several options open to Canadians including TN visas. You can meet with an experienced immigration attorney who can examine your immediate and long goals for immigration into the US and can provide you with a legal opinion as to the viability of options based on your education, employment, financial, and immigration history. Good luck.

4. Maria J. Marty

3

1

Answered . The E2 may be possible, its worth exploring. If you are currently employed with a Canadian company, you could open a U.S. office and qualify for an L1A. There are very specific requirements for each category, so you can review them on the USCIS website and then hire an attorney to help you.

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temp...