Hi,i am a US citizen i want to bring my wife is there any way to bring her with out paying tax??

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hi,i am a US citizen i want to bring my wife to the us i just get marriage last year im 22 years old i finished high school i just start working i didn't pay no tax this year is there any way to bring her this year with out baying tax for 2013 please help me i want to see my baby

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may need a co-sponsor.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will most likely need to find a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may begin by filing an I-130 Petition. If USCIS approves it, then your wife files for an immigrant visa. During this stage, you would need to file an I-864 affidavit of support. If you are required to file federal income taxes, then you must. If you are not required to file federal income taxes, then you do not need to. If your income does not meet guidelines for the I-864, then you need to find a joint sponsor. I strongly suggest that you meet with an immigration attorney to have the best chance of success with this entire process.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  4. Hayley R. Greenberg

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation.

    You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. Why didn't you file? Did you not make enough money or did you just not file?

    I wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

    Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

    Hayley Greenberg

    Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

    Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigrant visas

Immigrant visas can lead to permanent residence in the US, but they require being sponsored by either a family member or employer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,883 answers this week

2,449 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,883 answers this week

2,449 attorneys answering