Hi everyone my marriage based green card interview is march 25 my name is not on the lease and we do not have a joint bank count

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

for health insurance we have ca relink and i have picture and we do have a child is it enough to prove we live together ? do pictures ca relink joint account enough thanks for your time

Attorney answers (4)

  1. K Alexandra Monaco

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Other proofs: pictures of inside of home showing both your belongings, mail addressed to both of you at same address, sworn affidavits of neighbors or friends who know you live together, and other bills you both have in both names that come to that address.

  2. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A child born during the marriage is very strong proof. Try for letters from witnesses as well.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The real inquiry is whether your marriage is genuine and not spurious. There are many ways to prove it if this is true. Hire an attorney. Best way to avoid future expenses.

  4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I agree with my colleague. You must prove that your marriage is bona fide, not a sham entered into to obtain a green card. While you cite a number of items you do not have, there may be many you do have. Gather and copy as many of the following items as possible in preparation for your application and interview: . wedding invitations, church certificates, joint bank accounts, joint credit card statements, joint club memberships, joint federal and state tax returns, time/date stamped photographs of you and your spouse taken before and during your marriage, wedding photographs, letters and/or emails sent, rental agreements, leases, receipts for gifts, etc. You can't go in there with merely an excuse. Perhaps you should meet with an experienced immigration attorney before your meeting. Maybe you would feel more at ease if your attorney went to the interview with you. Good luck to you.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,296 answers this week

3,376 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,296 answers this week

3,376 attorneys answering