Hi can you tell how long it should take my insurance to settle car accident claim

Usk, WA |

A taxi reversed into my car 9 months ago my insurance as all the evidence to prove it was not my fault but I still can not get this claim sorted , I am no nearer getting my car repaired as i was 9 months a go can you tell me how long should I wait than you

It depends on many factors but if you are getting nowhere with the insurance company then I would hire a lawyer ASAP.

You are dealing with a taxi cab company which is excellent putting barriers toward any settlement. The drivers are independent contractors and they carry their own insurance. Property damage is separate from bodily injury and should be settled separately. If after 9 months you have gotten them to repair your car, I would assume they are not going not unless you force the issue.

If you are not injured and it is only the car repair you want, I would sue the driver in small claims if the amount is below $5,000. If it is more than that you can sue in District Court though you will need to serve him personally. If you were injured as well, you can hire a personal injury attorney who can then include the property damage with the complaint for injuries.

Crystal Grace Rutherford

Crystal Grace Rutherford

I just re-read your questions and it does sound like you have insurance which repaired your car but had to pay a deductible and it is that money that you want back. Your insurance company has the option of intercompany arbitration. How quickly that occurrs is hard to say but I have seen it take as long as a year. Again because you are dealiing with a cab company, who are experts of tossingup barriers, later rather than sooner is what you should expect.

An attorney in WA may be able to speed up the process.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

If you are seeking to have your repairs paid by your own insurance carrier, under a collision coverage provision, then 9 months is already too long. Your carrier has an obligation to resolve all first party claims within a reasonable [ = prompt] fashion. Call your carrier and tell them that if they do not settle your claim immediately, you will file a complaint with your State's Insurance Department. You can also retain an attorney to bring a lawsuit against your carrier for essentially what is a breach of contract claim. If the carrier you are referring to is for the taxi that hit you, don't waste anymore time waiting and just commence litigation.

Have a local lawyer expedite this process.