Skip to main content


Sunnyvale, CA |

I am currently on H4 and got a job offer from a US employer will i be able to convert to H2B visa from H4?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. So long as you stay in valid H4 status before applying for your H2B visa, you can remain in the United States and apply to change your status. Please feel free to contact me for a consultation.

    Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.
    Law Offices of Seeta Nangia
    Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law
    Phone: (415) 273-9123

    Offices located in San Francisco and Berkeley

  2. I agree with the above answer.

    For additional information, please see

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics