Hi, today i was arrested by immigration police, for crime i make 5 years ago, i need good advise what to do, because i wont stay

Philadelphia, PA |

I have green card, i have crime 5 years ago , why new ,they arrest me, and tell me i can be deporter, i need help.

1. Yes, this can be a big problem.

Go to www.ailalawyer.com and search for some one in your area that does removal/deportation cases.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. I strongly recommend consulting with an experienced immigration attorney in person. Bring your certified criminal disposition of all arrests to the attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. It varies. They may have not known about the criminal convictions until now and yes they can deport you depending on the conviction even if you are a green card holder. Hire an experienced and knowledgeable international immigration attorney today to explore whether you can vacate the criminal convictions at the state level on Padilla or other grounds and what way to fight to immigration court proceedings coming ahead.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

4. Schedule a legal consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. Yes, this is very serious, hire an immigration attorney immediately. My firm handles criminal immigration and deportation defense in your area.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

6. You or your family should call an immigration attorney immediately. You may be able to keep your resident status.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Violent crime topics