Hi, my wife and i apply for a u visa, on may 2012, but we still have no answer yet. what could happen to our aplications ???

Eagle, CO |
Filed under: Immigration U visa

if they decide to have a immigration reform that will afect on a good way o bad way? what should we do if tha happend?

Did you have a lawyer help with the papers?

If yes, talk to him/her.

If no, it isn't too late to get a professional to review your file and help you to decide if it makes sense to 'push' things.

I will tell you that it appears to be taking a year, or more, for U applications to be processed.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

It is too soon to say what might happen with any pending application when and if Comprehensive Immigration Reform is passed. U visas have yearly quotas, and it may be that the quota was already reached for the year when your application was received. If you have not done your applications with the assistance of an Immigration attorney, I suggest you consult with one for more details. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

If you have a lawyer speak to her. If not, you should meet with one who can review your complete case and history and advise you accordingly.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Recommended articles about Immigration