Hi, my wife and i apply for a u visa, on may 2012, but we still have no answer yet. what could happen to our aplications ???

Asked about 1 year ago - Eagle, CO

if they decide to have a immigration reform that will afect on a good way o bad way? what should we do if tha happend?

1. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

3

Answered . It is too soon to say what might happen with any pending application when and if Comprehensive Immigration Reform is passed. U visas have yearly quotas, and it may be that the quota was already reached for the year when your application was received. If you have not done your applications with the assistance of an Immigration attorney, I suggest you consult with one for more details. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Did you have a lawyer help with the papers?

If yes, talk to him/her.

If no, it isn't too late to get a professional to review your file and help you to decide if it makes sense to 'push' things.

I will tell you that it appears to be taking a year, or more, for U applications to be processed.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . If you have a lawyer speak to her. If not, you should meet with one who can review your complete case and history and advise you accordingly.