Skip to main content

Hi? my name is mario im a legal resident and i want to sponsor a women from mexico but she has been deported , can i still spons

Oxnard, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

ser her ? or do i have to be a citizen to do that? or what ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are too many facts left out to assess your situation.


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


The short answer is yes, you can sponsor her whether you are a resident or a US citizen. BUT whether he will be able to enter the US depends on many details which you have not mentioned. Speak to an attorney

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer