Hi, my husband has 3 dwi's and he is on probation how many years will he get.

Garland, TX |

He has his 3rd dwi and is on probation

Assuming that he is only charged with a DWI 3rd he is facing anywhere from 2-10 years. No one here can tell you how much time he will serve. You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney that can give you a better guess. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney-client relationship.

Did he get a new DWI? In Texas, a 3rd DWI is a felony with a possible sentence of 2-10 years. Your husband may be eligible for probation, and it may be possible for him to complete probation. These cases are very fact specific, your husband needs a DWI lawyer to help him immediately.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas and Rockwall, Texas. My use of Avvo is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local lawyer. My answers are not legal advice. You really need a consultation with a local attorney.

My colleagues are 100% correct.

Facing 2-10 years you and your husband need to be speaking to and retaining an experienced DUI attorney to assist him.

It is unclear if your husband was arrested for a new DWI? In Texas, if an individual has two prior convictions for DWI his 3rd is a felony with a possible sentence of 2-10 years in the Texas Department of Corrections. It may be possible for your husband to both receive probation and be allowed to complete his current probation. DWI cases are extremely fact specific, your husband needs an experienced DWI attorney to help him immediately.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI