Hi, my husband has 3 dwi's and he is on probation how many years will he get.

Asked 6 months ago - Garland, TX

He has his 3rd dwi and is on probation

1. Lucio Antonio Montes

11

Answered . Assuming that he is only charged with a DWI 3rd he is facing anywhere from 2-10 years. No one here can tell you how much time he will serve. You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney that can give you a better guess. Good luck.

2. Robert Sterling Guest

Pro

11

Answered . Did he get a new DWI? In Texas, a 3rd DWI is a felony with a possible sentence of 2-10 years. Your husband may be eligible for probation, and it may be possible for him to complete probation. These cases are very fact specific, your husband needs a DWI lawyer to help him immediately.

3. Christopher Irvin Simser

8

Answered . My colleagues are 100% correct.

Facing 2-10 years you and your husband need to be speaking to and retaining an experienced DUI attorney to assist him.

4. Billy Jack Stovall II

3

Answered . It is unclear if your husband was arrested for a new DWI? In Texas, if an individual has two prior convictions for DWI his 3rd is a felony with a possible sentence of 2-10 years in the Texas Department of Corrections. It may be possible for your husband to both receive probation and be allowed to complete his current probation. DWI cases are extremely fact specific, your husband needs an experienced DWI attorney to help him immediately.