Hi. My husband had a massive allergy reaction to wine.. This put him in a coma.during his hospital stay his family members were

Asked over 1 year ago - Sylmar, CA

Notified.. As soon as they arrived I was no longer allowed in his room...I never found out why until our return home..they said I caused the hospitalization they believed and agreed that i tried hurting him..this of course angered me they even thought of accusing me with police this caused extreme emotional and mental stress...sad to say due to alot of fights we are now getting a divorce due to that accusation... I lost my home my husband..now I have to start over.
Is this something that can be sue those who agreed to keep me out if his room. And thought of such idiotic idea.

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

6

Answered . Emotional distress in a legal sense and the phrase emotional distress as we all use it in every day conversation are two very different things. The facts in this post would need more development in an office consultation by an attorney in your jurisdiction. Here's a summary of emotional distress in a legal sense: BLUE LINK BELOW

2. George Costas Andriotis

5

Answered . Much more information is necessary to properly evaluate whether you have a claim or not.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . There seems to be a lot of information missing. Consult with a local personal injury attorney.

4. Josh P Tolin

5

Answered . I do not know what happened, but if you husband had an allergic reaction to wine, or something in it, it would or should have occurred shortly after first taking a sip. There seems to be a lot more to the story. I don't think you have any type of case against the hospital. The staff or patient can request that certain members not be allowed to visit. Go see a family law attorney.

4

Answered . Need more info. Best bet is to call a local lawyer to discuss in detail.