Hi, is it possible to change guilty plea to disorderly conduct for patronizing a prostitute class b misdemeanor

Asked 9 months ago - Bentonville, AR

i plea guilty for patronizing a prostitute and recently heard that it will affect my immigration. can i change it to disorderly conduct now ?

1. Camille Edmison-Wilhelmi

Answered . I don't think you can change it now. It's been over five months since you plead guilty. I'm assuming the judge then entered a sentence. You only have thirty days, typically, to appeal a sentence from district court to circuit court. I can't think of what the exception would be, if any.

You can have this expunged from your record after five years, but I am not sure that helps your situation.

You need to call an immigration lawyer here in Arkansas. I do not do immigration law, but I know there are several reputable firms in both Little Rock and Fayetteville. Maybe they could file a motion to withdraw plea. I have not done this, but I am sure if anyone has, it would be an immigration lawyer. So many times people will plea to things that effect their status without really knowing the consequences.

2. William Mark Weinberg

Answered . I can't speak specifically to AR law, but your answer depends on facts. Were you represented by an attorney? How long ago did you plead? Were you advised of the effect of a guilty plea on your immigration status? All the answers to those questions will help a qualified, local attorney assist you.

Please let me know if my answer was helpful. Thank you.