Skip to main content

Hi, im serina and i was on the iud paragard found out i was preganant and then lost my baby due the iud do i have a case here

Akron, OH |

i lost my baby dec 19 and went in for an d &c but they had me delivier instead and i was only 17 weeks and was very excited about the this new edition to add to the family but instead im torn apart cause of the iud and it moved from where they put to rite under the baby and into the water bag and i blame myself for beging on the this iud i was not expecting this at all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You need to retain a local lawyer and have your case reviewed.
Use the AVVO find a lawyer link.


A local malpractice lawyer can order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Hi Serina. I am sorry to hear of your loss. You need to contact an attorney local to you and have them review the facts. This is not something we can assess with limited information on this site.

I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.


Look for atty locally who handles med malpractice or medical device litigation. You can also look for class actions that may have been filed on this specific device.


There are many issues presented by these facts concerning products liability, standard of care for implanting the IUD, standard of care for prenatal care, and informed consent. At first blush, it sounds like a difficult case, but you should contact a medical malpractice lawyer for further information if you are so inclined.


Hi Serina. I'm sorry this happened to you. As my fellow attorneys have stated you should speak with an attorney in your area. The find a lawyer tab above is a great tool.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


You need to consult a local Medical Malpractice attorney to review your medical records and properly advise you.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer