HI, im 22 years old i have a trip and fall lawsuit against a major store company which has been going on for 5 years

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I had surgery four years ago and im still going through treatment recently my case was passed by the judge for a settlement, also i want to add that this accident took place in the bronx,ny but i would like to know can you tell me what you think the outcome of my case will be?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Cases take a long time in the Bronx. No one can predict the outcome based on the little you said. Speak with your lawyer.

2. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

6

Answered . Nobody here can tell you what the outcome of your case will be. Even if you'd given us some facts to go on and explained your injury to us, there is no way to predict what a jury will do. Those of us who practice in the Bronx might be able to narrow things down a bit by sharing our experience with you, but I am loathe to step on your lawyer's toes by trying to evaluate his or her case in this forum. Only the lawyer who is handling the case is in a good position to evaluate it.

What I can share with you is that the trial part in Bronx Supreme is usually backed up. A case can be "on” many times before being sent out to pick a jury. 5 years is on the long side for most cases (2-4 is a good range to work with), though it is not unheard of for a premises case in the Bronx to go that long. I don't know what you mean when you say the judge passed on your case for a settlement. Do you mean there was a settlement conference and nothing happened? Has your lawyer explored mediation with a third party company like NAM or JAMS?

I suggest you sit down with your lawyer and express your concerns.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

1

Answered . Speak with your lawyer who has the most information and is the best position to assess the case.

Pro

2

Answered . Your lawyer is in the best position to give you a status update