HI, im 22 years old i have a trip and fall lawsuit against a major store company which has been going on for 5 years

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I had surgery four years ago and im still going through treatment recently my case was passed by the judge for a settlement, also i want to add that this accident took place in the bronx,ny but i would like to know can you tell me what you think the outcome of my case will be?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . See my answer to your duplicate question.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . Duplicate post.

Pro

2

Answered . Duplicate post

4. Robert Lewis Fellows

Pro

Answered . My sense is that because you are posting this question that the relationship with your attorney may not be ideal, one of communication and trust. Unless the facts of your case are somewhat complex or your injuries compel some delay, generally whether in the Bronx or elsewhere five years for a generic "slip and fall" matter is too long to litigate. Make an appointment with your attorney and feel comfortable after you leave that you have an adequate explanation why you are five years post injury and what are reasonable expectations to resolve your case. Make a decision based on that meeting whether to stay the course with your current counsel or find new counsel based on open communication, access, trust and competence.

5. Andrew Daniel Myers

1

Answered . Your own attorney is the only one who can give you an educated informed analysis of future options in your case based on all of the facts and circumstances. The post refers to surgery. The negligence analysis does not get to damages until liability is established first. Here's what that means: BLUE LINK BELOW