Hi, I would like to know if I can get child support for my daughter? My daughter is US citizen.

Since my daughter was born my husband did not gave any money and sent us out of house. We do not know where he lives and when I came out I took the money from joint account. I was primary account holder and all that was my earning. He already took more than 50% of my salary amount. but never gave his. He do not want to see us. Please advice what can I do to get child support. I am working. Me and My husband are here in USA on work visa. He got his EAD but did not include me. Please advice

Memphis, TN -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry you are going through this. The quick answer is that your status does not effect Father's responsibility to pay child support. You do have a lot of issues going on though. Is there any court involvement yet? I suggest you contact a local divorce attorney to discuss your options. I would do so quickly, you daughter's best interest is paramount. Best of luck to you.

Anthony Rao

Anthony Rao

Child Support Lawyer - Revere, MA

Your question is too vague to provide any sort of specifics. I would strong recommend retaining an experienced child support attorney in your local area to provide you with legal advice.

I wish you luck!

Anthony Rao