Hi, I would like to know if I can get child support for my daughter? My daughter is US citizen.

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

Since my daughter was born my husband did not gave any money and sent us out of house. We do not know where he lives and when I came out I took the money from joint account. I was primary account holder and all that was my earning. He already took more than 50% of my salary amount. but never gave his. He do not want to see us. Please advice what can I do to get child support. I am working. Me and My husband are here in USA on work visa. He got his EAD but did not include me. Please advice

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . I am sorry you are going through this. The quick answer is that your status does not effect Father's responsibility to pay child support. You do have a lot of issues going on though. Is there any court involvement yet? I suggest you contact a local divorce attorney to discuss your options. I would do so quickly, you daughter's best interest is paramount. Best of luck to you.

2. Anthony Rao

1

Answered . Your question is too vague to provide any sort of specifics. I would strong recommend retaining an experienced child support attorney in your local area to provide you with legal advice.

I wish you luck!

Anthony Rao