Hi, i was issued a notice of trespass for one year by the police on grounds of shoplifting.

Asked over 1 year ago - Bellevue, WA

Actually i was not but misunderstood by the store owner. I would like to know if there are any kind of legal bindings or implications to this notice. Will this notice create any problems for me now or in future in any regard, as i have come to work here recently on a H1B visa.

1. Vitaliy Kertchen

Pro

1

Answered . Well, the obvious legal binding and implication is that you cannot go back to the place you were trespassed from. On the issue of the H1B visa, you need to consult with an immigration attorney.

2. James D. Laukkonen

Pro

Answered . As stated in the other answers, you will need to ask immigration attorneys about the impacts on your visa. As for the notice itself, if you return to the store, then you can be arrested for criminal trespass. Stay away from that store.

3. Michael R Crosner

1

Answered . Consult a local WA immigration attorney - many offer free consultations. Can locate attorney on AVVO under the tab "Find a Lawyer" - If need to retain attorney it is worth the price