Hi, I was deported from USA in 2002. I was banned for 10 years, am I able to visit again as a tourist?

Hi, I was deported from USA in 2002 because the INS caught me as I was illegally overstaying in the country. I was banned for 10 years, am I able to visit again as a tourist? I was banned for 10 years to apply for a visa, so now I spent more than 10 years out of USA, am I eligible to re-enter again as a visitor? During my 3 years stay in USA, I stayed legally for one years, then I was overstayed. and once I had been arrested for a prostitution case.

Orlando, FL -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

That depends on why you were deported and whether your deportation was the only reason for the ban and whether the ban was not for life.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The odds of being issued a visa under these facts are very slim.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Yes.

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

Immigration Attorney - The Woodlands, TX

I agree with my colleague. Although you are eligible to apply for a tourist visa, the fact that you have been arrested for prostitution case makes obtaining a visa difficult. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Yes, you can apply.

Will you get it? I think that, at-best, your odds are 50/50.

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

It may be possible depending upon the reason for being removed. If it is possible, it is also possible the US consulate will refuse to give you a visa as a matter of discretion. You may want to obtain immigration legal consul to assist you with the process.

321.208.7324
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
Baldwin Park Center
4767 New Broad Street
Orlando, Florida 32814

Rebeca Sanchez-Roig

Rebeca Sanchez-Roig

Immigration Attorney - Miami, FL

You should consult an immigration attorney. While you may be eligible to apply for a tourist visa, your prostitution conviction renders it difficult to be granted the visa.