Hi, I was deported from USA in 2002. I was banned for 10 years, am I able to visit again as a tourist?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Hi, I was deported from USA in 2002 because the INS caught me as I was illegally overstaying in the country. I was banned for 10 years, am I able to visit again as a tourist? I was banned for 10 years to apply for a visa, so now I spent more than 10 years out of USA, am I eligible to re-enter again as a visitor? During my 3 years stay in USA, I stayed legally for one years, then I was overstayed. and once I had been arrested for a prostitution case.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . That depends on why you were deported and whether your deportation was the only reason for the ban and whether the ban was not for life.

2. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . The odds of being issued a visa under these facts are very slim.

3. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . Yes.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Although you are eligible to apply for a tourist visa, the fact that you have been arrested for prostitution case makes obtaining a visa difficult. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Yes, you can apply.

Will you get it? I think that, at-best, your odds are 50/50.

6. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . It may be possible depending upon the reason for being removed. If it is possible, it is also possible the US consulate will refuse to give you a visa as a matter of discretion. You may want to obtain immigration legal consul to assist you with the process.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park Center
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814

7. Rebeca Sanchez-Roig

Answered . You should consult an immigration attorney. While you may be eligible to apply for a tourist visa, your prostitution conviction renders it difficult to be granted the visa.