Hi. I want to know if I can take my 17 year old friend from her home (where she is abused) and have her live with me.

Asked 11 months ago - Spanish Fork, UT

I've been told that I can do this if the parents know that she is with me. And I want to know if the police can force her to return home. No, she doesn't want to live at home. Yes, we've already reported abuse to the police. No, they didn't do anything. IF we let her parents know where she is, can I take her, and have her stay with me, or will she be forced to go back home. We live in Utah county, Utah.

Please. I need an answer as soon as possible.

1. Lee Alan Thompson

2

Answered . You asked this once before. Get yourself a criminal attorney because the answer is no, you can't. It is not about her parents knowing she is with you, it's whether you have their permission, and even that isn't something I would rely on. Why not just call a local attorney and see what he/she says. Personally, I think you're setting yourself up for trouble.

2. Golnar Sargeant

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Thomson and you and your friend should report any abuse or neglect to social services.