Hi, I recieved a writ of summons in the mail, apparently I'm being sued for vehicle damages. How do I respond to summons?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

3 yrs ago, I was in a bumper to bumper accident. It was lots of traffic and I was too close to one car accidently hit their bumper. Now their sueing me for $1500 in vehicle damage.

1. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

6

Answered . Send copies of all the legal paperwork to the car insurance carrier you had at the time of the accident. They have an obligation under the car insurance policy to defend you for any car accidents which occurred during the policy period.

2. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . Turn over the matter to your insurance carrier.

3. David J. McCormick

6

Answered . You need to turn this over to your insurance company at the time of this incident ASAP. They will provide an attorney to defend the claim.

Pro

6

Answered . Turn it over to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Farid Yaghoubtil

5

Answered . Your insurance provider at the time of the accident has a duty to defend you. Turn over the summons to them and let them handle it. Also, Maryland has a three year statute of limitations in personal injury cases, so the exact date of the accident is important.

Farid Yaghoubtil is an attorney at Downtown L.A. Law Group - 1850 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021. (855)385-2529.
  6. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . If you have insurance turn it over to them. If not, then I strongly recommend hiring an attorney.