Skip to main content

Hi, I need some help! Does my husband need to go back to the consulate?

Annapolis, MD |

My husband has attended two immigrant visa interviews. At the first he was denied, but we got it reapproved through USCIS. At the second, he was told he needs to renew his medical and police clearance. (Apparently police clearance expires?) We never got any paperwork from the consulate, but they told us he can come back for an interview. Is there any way he could just send them the paperwork without going for an interview? Thanks in advance for your response!

Attorney Answers 4


Your husband will need to go back to the Consulate to complete the immigrant visa process. I recommend that you consult with a qualified US Immigration & Nationality Attorney to discuss your case further.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Yes, he needs to be interviewed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If they told him to come back, he needs to come back. You can also contact the consulate and ask them.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Mark as helpful


He needs to comply with the consulate's request to return for another interview, he should have a new police clearance and medicals with him. You may contact the consulate again by email for an interview date.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics