Hi, I need an attorney In Texas re: motorcycle accident

Dallas, TX |

I was involved in motorcycle accident - while riding my Harley in Garland, TX I was hit by a car when the driver made a left turn without waiting for the arrow to turn - he didn't see me and thought it was clear. I was in a coma and it was very serious. I need an attorney that will not have an issue representing me - the issue being that the driver of the automobile that hit me is a Texas attorney. Please advise.

1. You should contact a personal injury lawyer. It doesn't matter that the person who hit you is an attorney if they were negligent and caused your injuries.

www.AustinTrialLawyers.com

2. I can understand your hesitation given the responsible driver's occupation. However, our firm has no problem suing another lawyer. If he was wrong, we'll hold him accountable. The first thing we need to do is get your medical records and advise you of your options. Know your rights! Take action now! Call 855.648.4695.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

3. Other than "ditto" regarding the above responses, do not give a recorded statement if you have not already without first getting advice from an attorney. And certainly don't talk to the attorney defendant who struck you. Many an injury victim has had their claim minimized or destroyed by giving an unprepared recorded statement. And any conversation between you and the attorney who hit you would be highly inadvisable.

4. Being a lawyer doesnt keep you from being negligent when driving. Most lawyers are smart enough to carry a good amount of ins, which will come in handy in your case. Ive sued lawyers in accidents before, and have one going now. If I was in your area, Id be happy to take your case. I dont think you will have trouble finding a lawyer in this case.

5. I don't think that any of the above lawyers in your state will be swayed in any way by the fact that an attorney hit you. Call one of the above attorneys in your state for representation, or use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

6. Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your bike wreck. It is tough for bikers on the road. I am a Harley owner myself and know full well the dangers you face.

Feel free to give me a call. I'd be happy to help you. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the person who caused this is an attorney. In fact, there is a good chance he has a more sizeable insurance policy than many other drivers, which is incredibly important in light of the seriousness of your injuries.

I'd be happy to personally come visit you anytime. Also, insurance companies regularly don't offer full value on Harleys that have been customized. We can help with this for free.

As a biker, I've been helping bikers for years and would be glad to assist you. By the way, we have 2 offices: one in Dallas and one in Carrollton.

Tim O'Hare
    Personal Injury Lawyer
    www.oharelawfirm.com

7. I am a Dallas personal injury lawyer and have had much success representing those injured in all types of traffic accidents. The fact that the other driver is a Texas attorney is not relevant to the accident at all. (As a matter of fact, it might help you depending on who the attorney is). If the accident is his fault, then it doesn't matter what his profession is. Call me anytime, days, evenings, weekends and let's discuss your case. You can also follow the links below to read more on my website.

8. The fact that the person who caused your accident is an attorney should be of no consequence. The much more important question is how much insurance did this attorney have. If you would like to share more details about your injuries, we will be able to give you a review of your claim. In the meantime, you can do more research on your situation by visiting our car accident resource center:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/practice_areas/houston-car-accident-lawyer-texas-auto-wreck-attorney.cfm

9. It's not a big deal to bring a claim vs another lawyer. Lawyers have insurance too (often more) because we understand the risks). I would mine happy to look at the case and give you a free consultation 713 932-0777

10. The first thing you need to do is hire a local experienced personal injury lawyer to assist. We have an office in Rockwall and Forney. Both are close to Garland. And our PI team would be happy to come to you if you are not able to drive. We are very familiar with that area. Getting hit by an attorney is an interesting scenario and we'd be happy to discuss how that will affect your case.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas and Rockwall, Texas. My use of Avvo is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local lawyer. My answers are not legal advice. You really need a consultation with a local attorney.

11. I am sorry that you sustained such a horrible injury. It does not matter that the person who hit you is an attorney. I represent people who have been in situations very similar to yours and I would be happy to visit with you. Please call my office if you would like to talk to me about this.

The answer provided is for general informational purposes only. The attorney's response to this question does not create an attorney client relationship and none should be inferred. Further, the answer provided does not constitute legal advise or guidance.

12. I hope by now you have found an attorney to represent you in your case and suit your needs. The opposing party's professional status should not effect the outcome of a case. Best of luck.

13. As you can see there are any number of lawyers willing and wanting to represent you. One thing lawyers in these cases sometimes miss is that there may be cameras pointed right at the scene.
    I just settled a motorcycle case in which we had footage from a filling station camera. So whoever you hire, make sure they look for video and send notices to make sure the evidence is not erased.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

14. I am sorry you were involved in this wreck. As many of the other attorneys have properly advised, you do have claims that should be pursued. Please make sure you consult with an attorney who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization concerning your claims. Most all attorneys, including my firm, provide and initial consultation free of charge. Good luck. www.urhurt.com

By providing this legal analysis of the issue presented, no attorney/client relationship is being formed. Additionally, attorney is not agreeing to represent the individual who presented the question concerning the legal issue. A signed retainer agreement is required before an attorney /client relationship is established. The analysis provided is meant solely to provide general guidance about the legal issue presented.

15. Don't delay. Know and protect your legal rights if injured. Contact those listed here that practice in your area or seek others to represent your interests.

16. Contact a personal injury lawyer immediately. DO NOT sign anything that the insurance company sends to you. Do not agree to a recorded statement. I'm happy to consult with you at no cost if you still need help.