Hi! I'm the parent of a special needs child who is becoming too hard to parent my child.

Currently I have 28% custody of him. My son is autistic and he is becoming physically abusive to me when he's under my care. He's 14, non-verbal and gets in rages where he will hit me and pull my hair. I've addressed this to my ex-husband and he says to just "deal". I'm becoming frightened over this as my son is getting bigger. Please help me.

Snellville, GA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - East Point, GA

This really isn't a legal question, so there's nothing lawyers can suggest. You might post in the medical area of AVVO.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Family Law Attorney - Atlanta, GA

This is not a question/issue to pose to attorneys. You need to contact the Department of Family and Children Services (or some other social services agency).

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.