Hi! I'm the parent of a special needs child who is becoming too hard to parent my child.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Snellville, GA

Currently I have 28% custody of him. My son is autistic and he is becoming physically abusive to me when he's under my care. He's 14, non-verbal and gets in rages where he will hit me and pull my hair. I've addressed this to my ex-husband and he says to just "deal". I'm becoming frightened over this as my son is getting bigger. Please help me.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This really isn't a legal question, so there's nothing lawyers can suggest. You might post in the medical area of AVVO.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
  2. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . This is not a question/issue to pose to attorneys. You need to contact the Department of Family and Children Services (or some other social services agency).

    I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

    ~ Kem Eyo

    The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now