Hi, I have a question involving immigration, and financial aid for school.??? im not sure if I can receive it...

Asked 9 months ago - Huntington, WV

Hi, I have a question involving my immigration status and financial aid.

My status in the US is a permanent resident ( I have had a green card for almost a year) I obtained my green card from marriage to a US citizen.
When we filled for my green card my husband did not earn enough so we had a sponsor ( his mother).
I will like to start university sometime very soon, but I will surely need financial aid (my husband is a full time med student, so we basically live off loans)
my concerns are :
1. Am I in anyway violating any laws if I ( a permanent resident) receive financial aid?
2. Am I able to apply for financial aid?
3. Will this cause any legal problems with my husbands mother (my sponsor), if I do apply for financial aid? not sure what I am able to apply for being a Green card holder.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You are asking us to analyze your very specific fact pattern to give you tailored advice. Please understand that an answer to your question may change depending on details, sometimes very minute. Please also understand that this or any other online forum like that is not a substitute for tailored legal advice you seek. This kind of an advice can only be obtained on a consultation with an immigration attorney.