Skip to main content

Hi, I had asked about my son's enhancement 1170(h)(3), and now I'm wondering about 667.5 enhancement as well.

Sacramento, CA |

He does have two current burglary felonies, but no prior anything. He was sentenced for 8y 4m. Please let me know what other info I could give you.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    1170(h)(3) just states that punishment for certain offenses must be served in state prison. Defendants convicted of such offenses are not eligible for serving their sentence in county jail.

    667.5 is an enhancement to a sentence if one previously served time in prison. This would not apply to your son.

  2. The person you should be asking this question to is his attorney.
    Robert Driessen

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

  3. Did he have an attorney? You should also consider giving them a call since they know all the facts. THe other attorneys gave good general answers.

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics