Hi, I am trying to find the form for either legal guardianship of a child or the best temporary guardianship forms,

Yazoo City, MS |

ive had the child for over a year now and his mother wants me to get another guardianship form and one that in case something happens to her that the child will remain with me and my family

When it comes to the legal welfare of a child, I am not in favor of a "do it yourself" kit. Making custody and guardianship decisions have long term effects. I think it would be in yours and the child's best interest to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not designed to substitute for individual legal advice. Individual consultation with a licensed attorney is recommended in order to fully explore all of your legal options.

Chancery matters, especially when there is a transfer of custody is not a "one form fits all" There are many issues that need to be addressed that are VERY fact dependant

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

I agree with the other attorney's responses. Any lawyer worth their salt will not give you a form for doing a guardianship. You need an attorney.

No attorney-client relationship has been formed by this answer. The answer given herein should not be your only inquiry into the matter or issue. You should schedule an appointment and seek the advice of an attorney to fully explain the facts so that the attorney can make an informed analysis and recommendation concerning your problem and advise you of all of your rights.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody