Hi, I am trying to find the form for either legal guardianship of a child or the best temporary guardianship forms,

Asked over 1 year ago - 39194

ive had the child for over a year now and his mother wants me to get another guardianship form and one that in case something happens to her that the child will remain with me and my family

1. Derek L. Hall

Pro

2

Answered . When it comes to the legal welfare of a child, I am not in favor of a "do it yourself" kit. Making custody and guardianship decisions have long term effects. I think it would be in yours and the child's best interest to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

2. Anders Ferrington

2

Answered . Chancery matters, especially when there is a transfer of custody is not a "one form fits all" There are many issues that need to be addressed that are VERY fact dependant

3. Jon H Powell

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with the other attorney's responses. Any lawyer worth their salt will not give you a form for doing a guardianship. You need an attorney.