Hi, I am enquiring about the possibility of removing a red flag from my name through us customs.

Asked about 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I was on vacation in the us last year and at the border entry by mistake they had stamped my passport for 120 days ( which is over the legal 90 stay period). I stayed for 118 days, therefore leaving begore the stamp expired. When I entered again on vacation this year I was stopped at the border due to a red flag because they said I overstayed previously. After long discussions they did grant me entry but said I would have to get the flag removed but game me no information on how to do this. Is it possible to remove a flag and how do I do this? Thank you

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . This is a complicated process which will tak a lot of time and effort. You need to talk to an immigration attorney.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Ms. Wolman gave you a good link.

Mr. Segal gave the best advice: talk to a lawyer.

3. Karin Wolman

Pro

3

Answered . Go to www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip for the Travelers Redress Inquiry Program