Skip to main content

Hi, I am currently in usa with h4 visa. Is it possible for any usa consultant to apply my l1. I haven't worked in his company.

Jersey City, NJ |

I am a software engineer with 6+ exp.

Attorney Answers 3


It is possible for a US employer to sponsor you for l1 if you qualify. The problem is to qualify, you must show you had worked for the employer in there facility outside of the US. Hence, the answer to the question you posted is probably no.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree


L-1 requires at least one continuous year outside u.s., at qualifying employer, within the three years prior to filing.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I see no facts that would support a L visa

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics