Hi. I am a young adult (19) who got a red-light Ticket and I dont have a license. What can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

It is very unnecessary to give a three way ticket but I got one for just making a right turn! Anyways I had a permit but it got expired. What is recommend because my dad's information is on the ticket and they are blaming my younger brother for him crossing the light. Yet, can I just pay the ticket because I don't want to have a bad record. If I cant do nothing what are the consequences?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Vijay Dinakar


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Optimally you should hire an attorney. If that's not an option, you should demand a trial in front of a judge. In most counties, if you go to court without immediately admitting guilt, the court will offer a reduced fine or even a dismissal.

  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Ask your dad to contact an attorney. There is a good chance it will be dismissed.

    Andrew Roberts

  3. Michael J Silveira


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Hire a lawyer. Most likely, the case will be dismissed with the assistance of an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,964 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,964 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering