Skip to main content

Hi. I am a young adult (19) who got a red-light Ticket and I dont have a license. What can I do?

Santa Ana, CA |

It is very unnecessary to give a three way ticket but I got one for just making a right turn! Anyways I had a permit but it got expired. What is recommend because my dad's information is on the ticket and they are blaming my younger brother for him crossing the light. Yet, can I just pay the ticket because I don't want to have a bad record. If I cant do nothing what are the consequences?

Attorney Answers 3


Ask your dad to contact an attorney. There is a good chance it will be dismissed.

Andrew Roberts

Mark as helpful


Optimally you should hire an attorney. If that's not an option, you should demand a trial in front of a judge. In most counties, if you go to court without immediately admitting guilt, the court will offer a reduced fine or even a dismissal.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Hire a lawyer. Most likely, the case will be dismissed with the assistance of an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics