Hi, Can my spouse work sponsor for my green card? I am asylee with case pending. My spouse's company is filing his GC EB2.

I entered the country on a valid visa my spouse's company is filing his green card (EB2) can they file for my Green Card? I have not appeared yet for asylum interview as my case was transferred, and i have not received interview date for a year. My spouse has H1B currently, and i got married after i filed for asylum.

Arlington, VA -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

I guess you can be your spouse's dependent. If you can adjust your status will depend on how many days you were out of statuts here, if any....

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

You may be eligible to be derivative to your husband's application. Please be sure not to confuse unlawful status and unlawful presence. While your I-589 asylum application has been pending, you have not been accumulating "unlawful presence". You have been accumulating unlawful status since your valid visa expired (assuming it did). If that period of unlawful status is greater than 6 months, then you have a problem. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes, if you are in status.