Hi: Is now 2 years of my divorce & our home was left to me. I have the title on my name. My question Is...

Brooklyn, NY |

My Ex-husband Insist in sending he's mail to my address. I keep writing Return To Sender. Is there's any legal reason that I should know, why he keeps doing this that I'm not aware of?
Thank you
Erika

1. Perhaps he is just lazy. If there is no order of protection contact your husband and ask him to put in a change of address so that he gets his
    mail in a timely manner.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

2. He probably doesn't want creditors to know where he is. If you are the SOLE owner of the house, you can have his mail automatically forwarded if you know where he resides.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. None of this makes a lot of sense. But sometimes people do silly things when they're divorcing (and even when they're no.)

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.