Hi , i recently went to an interview with my wife to remove condition on my GC , its been 3 weeks now , why havent had an answer

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

My wife and i have been married for 4 years now , although we're legit and in love , we chose to not have any joint assetts. When she filed for me 3 years ago , it was easy to gte my conditional green card , and now its taking forever to remeove the condition . my NOA 1 year extension will be expired next month sept 29th , went to my interview about 3 weeks ago accompagned with my wife , but not much evidence tho , what would be the reason why they're taking so long to make a decision in my case?

1. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

3

Answered . 3 weeks is not a long waiting time for an answer. Contact an attorney to discuss what happened at your interview and see if there is a way to help augment your I-751 application

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . 3 weeks isn't forever. Relax. Or, if you really want to sleep at night ... take all your papers to an immigration attorney.

The September 29th date isn't a big deal, you can make an InfoPass appointment and get an extension.

PS Yes, being 'light' on your paperwork is probably giving good reason for them to be delaying their decision.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . You might consider hiring an immigration attorney. It would have been better if you had hired an attorney before you submitted the I-751 Petition. At this point, you might want to work with a lawyer to see what, if anything, might be done to help your case. Based on your information, it's not clear what USCIS is doing, but 3 weeks is not a very long time from the date of the interview.

4. Ana Ilieva Forcum

3

Answered . It would be wise to contact an immigration attorney and let them review the evidence you submitted in your case and to see whether you have complied with all the procedural requirements.