Hi, i need to file for divorce , i need a pro bono lawyer , i have a minor child with my husband ,

Asked about 2 years ago - Clifton, NJ

i have a minor child , i would like to know my options for my son , i am thinking of moving out of state in the near future i would likesomething in writing that he wont bother me or try and take my son from me .

1. Kimberly Pelkey Sdeo

6

Answered . You should contact legal services, www.lsnj.org and your county bar association to see if you qualify for assistance.

2. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

4

Answered . You said you need a pro bono lawyer. How do you know you can't afford to pay one? Have you tried shopping around? Have you tried contacting legal services? You have several issues to address given that you have a child with your husband. Parenting time, child support, possibly alimony among others. Why do you want to get divorced?

You can try the state judiciary's website and click on legal forms. Scroll down to divorce and see if you can fill out he forms yourself. www.judiciary.state.nj.us

I urge you to try and seek legal representation, as divorces are emotionally draining, time consuming and possibly contentious. Good luck.

3. Robert Ricci

1

Answered . I doubt you'll find a pro bono lawyer unless you qualify for one. People tend to like to get paid for their services.

4. Carrie Susan Schultz

Pro

1

Answered . I think you should specifically consult a matrimonial attorney because there are a lot of issues to discuss in your matter (especially the removal) and whichever lawyer you choose should be well versed and experienced particularly in family law . It is probably worth at least paying a consultation fee to get the information you seek, at which point, fees to hire that lawyer to handle your case can be discussed (as well as sources on where maybe you can find funds to do so). If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to schedule a consultation for you. 201-880-9770. www.rsfamilylawyers.com. Thank you.