Skip to main content

Hi, i need to file for divorce , i need a pro bono lawyer , i have a minor child with my husband ,

Clifton, NJ |

i have a minor child , i would like to know my options for my son , i am thinking of moving out of state in the near future i would likesomething in writing that he wont bother me or try and take my son from me .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should contact legal services, and your county bar association to see if you qualify for assistance.

This response is not to be construed as legal advice and is provided for educational purposes only. This response does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response provides general legal information and education. This response does not address any specifics concerning this inquiry, as the inquiry as written may have omitted details which would make the reply unsuitable. The inquirer is strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in his or her own state to acquire more information about this issue. Licensed to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.


You said you need a pro bono lawyer. How do you know you can't afford to pay one? Have you tried shopping around? Have you tried contacting legal services? You have several issues to address given that you have a child with your husband. Parenting time, child support, possibly alimony among others. Why do you want to get divorced?

You can try the state judiciary's website and click on legal forms. Scroll down to divorce and see if you can fill out he forms yourself.

I urge you to try and seek legal representation, as divorces are emotionally draining, time consuming and possibly contentious. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.


I doubt you'll find a pro bono lawyer unless you qualify for one. People tend to like to get paid for their services.

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


I think you should specifically consult a matrimonial attorney because there are a lot of issues to discuss in your matter (especially the removal) and whichever lawyer you choose should be well versed and experienced particularly in family law . It is probably worth at least paying a consultation fee to get the information you seek, at which point, fees to hire that lawyer to handle your case can be discussed (as well as sources on where maybe you can find funds to do so). If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to schedule a consultation for you. 201-880-9770. Thank you.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer