Hi , I have accident over see , in UK , Can I file case against them i US

Chicago, IL |

Hi , I have accident over see , in UK , defendant (company) who is responsible for accident admitted for responsibility .
But is already over 2 years and UK lawyer don't have any results , they say US doctors opinion not met
UK criteria , in my opinion thy looking for something to don't pay compensation . Can I file case against them i US in US court

Accident or damage occurred there, suit is there. I don't see a way to file legitimately here. Talk to your lawyer in UK for assistance.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
Website: www.hofflawyer.com
Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

Highly unlikely. You would have both jurisdiction and statute of limitations problems here. You did the right thing by proceeding in the UK.

Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed as legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Our firm only forms attorney-client relationships by written agreement signed by both our firm and the client. Please seek an in-person consultation with an attorney immediately as almost all legal matters are time sensitive and failing to meet deadlines can result in adverse consequences.

Yes, you can, but the defendant will object and the judge may not allow it. Generally, jurisdiction/venue is an issue for the defendant, not the plaintiff, so if you are willing to come over to prosecute your case, that might be acceptable.

Another issue is that you have a pending UK case. You cannot recover twice.

None of us are qualified to opine about UK law, so talk to your UK attorney about whether this is viable.

chenkasher@gmail.com
chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com
(773) 853-3062

This answer is intended as informational only, and does not constitute legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship between us.

Chen Kasher

Chen Kasher

It has been over 2 years, so it would probably be barred by the SOL. Attorney Brabender is correct.

There is no basis to file in US court for an accident that occurred in the UK where the defendant is in the UK. If you do not like your UK lawyer, hire another one.

You would want to retain a UK lawyer