Hi, I am slightly confused by the divorce by publication for a missing spouse. I did the first part and got some forms to fill

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

out along with a note to come back in on the 46th day of publication.
I thought I was supposed to receive the publication in the mail, but tomorrow is day 46 and I haven't gotten anything from the court.
Am I supposed to go to the court or do I wait to get the newspaper clippings in the mail?

1. You will need to supply the court with proof that you made publication, if possible work with a local attny it won't be that expensive and you will ensure that it is doen properly, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. There is a whole statute on service by publication in Florida. It is called "Constructive Service" and is delineated by Chapter 49, Florida Statutes. The statute will basically walk you through the process. I would read the complete statute, if you have not, and then see if you still have questions.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.