Hi, I am currently working for an Indian MNC on L1B. My work permit is expiring on Feb 28 2011. I wish to change my Job now.

Arlington Heights, IL |

When I spoke to a consultancy they are saying that usually there will be RFIs when they process H1B in Premium as its a change from L1B to H1B.
So I want to know from experts if it is ok to go for Premium processing in my case when my L1B extension is in progress ( which I have initiated with my company)
What will be my L1B status if I get my H1 visa?

I am sorry if I was not clear earlier. I am not applying for change of status from L1B to H1B. My current employer has applied for my L1B extension. And My future employer is planning to process a new H1B for me. Will there be any issues?

1. You can not request an L-1B extension and a change of status to H-1B at the same time. If you want an H-1B, numbers are running out soon. Submit an H-1B petition ASAP, and go abroad to get a new H-1B visa. Then re-enter the U.S.

2. Have your two employers coordinate efforts.

3. You cannot apply for L1B extension and H1B COS at the same time.

Decide on one and pursue that.

Goodluck.