Hi, I am currently working for an Indian MNC on L1B. My work permit is expiring on Feb 28 2011. I wish to change my Job now.

Asked over 3 years ago - Arlington Heights, IL

When I spoke to a consultancy they are saying that usually there will be RFIs when they process H1B in Premium as its a change from L1B to H1B.
So I want to know from experts if it is ok to go for Premium processing in my case when my L1B extension is in progress ( which I have initiated with my company)
What will be my L1B status if I get my H1 visa?

I am sorry if I was not clear earlier. I am not applying for change of status from L1B to H1B. My current employer has applied for my L1B extension. And My future employer is planning to process a new H1B for me. Will there be any issues?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

1

Answered . You can not request an L-1B extension and a change of status to H-1B at the same time. If you want an H-1B, numbers are running out soon. Submit an H-1B petition ASAP, and go abroad to get a new H-1B visa. Then re-enter the U.S.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Have your two employers coordinate efforts.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You cannot apply for L1B extension and H1B COS at the same time.

Decide on one and pursue that.

Goodluck.